View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #26
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Junebugs chat June 24-30th

Aww hang in there mama's It certainly isn't any excuse, but first time parenting is a (capital letters) huge transition for new dads. Not that it isn't for moms, but it just seems to come more natural to moms. We spend so long being pg, physically and emotionally, which prepares us in many ways for the birth of a baby into our family's. Dad's have to really put in extra effort to prepare themselves for the changes that a new baby brings and even then, it is hard for them to fathom what to expect. Dad's also at times hold back from being too involved and don't play a lead role int he beginning because mom (especially when baby is ebf) come right out of the gate as the primary caregiver, making dads unsure about what their role/place is when the baby. I'm sure both of your DH's will come around and be more helpful. This is a big change for everyone.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters

Last edited by babylovinmama; 06-26-2012 at 11:06 AM.
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote