View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #30
stlittleton
Registered Users

Re: Junebugs chat June 24-30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
Ah, I'm in the same boat with dh... I get so angry at him. I ask him to hold the baby while I go to the bathroom or something, come back and the baby is dangling off his belly as dh snores away. He can't do one simple thing to help me out without falling asleep when his sleep has hardly been cut into at all. I'm the one awake with the baby for 45+ minutes nursing every hour and a half to two hours. I'm the one awake another 30 minutes to pump after that. I'm the one changing every diaper because he won't wake up to do it. I'm the one snuggling baby back to sleep because dh can't manage it.

The complicated pregnancy didn't faze me. The bad birth experience messed with my head but it didn't change my mind. But when I think of how helpful dh has been, I'm not sure I want anymore.

Sorry for venting so much here! That's not something I can say anywhere else.

Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum
I'm sorry that your dh isn't being as helpful as you need. I agree you should try talking with him. And don't worry about venting, you need to! Otherwise you'd go crazy. And I feel the same way about not being able to say it anywhere else..

Thanks for all the support on breastfeeding everyone. Our consultant went so well today. He latched right on, once I had the right size nipple shield. We had to entice him a bit by putting some formula on the nipple shield to get him to stay on. He was getting frustrated that nothing was coming out right away. I'm thinking because he's getting use to a bottle. I also found out that I qualify for a free medela pump today from the state. I am beyond excited. I was trying to pump as much as I could with the crappy little pump I had, but I just wasn't emptying my breast completely and it took forever! I'm suppose to pump an extra 2 to 4 times a day on top of his feedings to help get my supply back up and having this pump is doing the trick. I got a whole extra oz that what I was before in 15 minutes compared to 25 minutes on each side!
stlittleton is offline   Reply With Quote