View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #74
fishmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
We are leaving our family up to God...in our hearts but on the surface, we have doubts. Our current baby is 6 months old and super super attached, as in, he doesn't sleep longer than 30 minutes unless he is latched on night and day. I'm scared to have another baby like him!

Anyway, how do you remain open after a high needs baby (even if our marriage got better)?
Well, I would say (and I'm sure you know this already) that this is a season of life and God meets you where you are day by day, sometimes hour by hour. You will get just enough strength to tackle the next thing in front of you. Chances are you will not have another baby just like him. What if it were a special needs child? Would you say the same? Maybe I would too.. I have a friend who deliberately adopted a special needs child from a foreign country in addition to her other 3 small children and one on the way. Talk about faith! They felt called by God and answered that call.

Every child that God chooses to place in your family, He has also chosen you to be his mother for a purpose. Not just for that child, but for you. To sanctify you according to His perfect will and plan. I really do think it comes down to faith.

Have you addressed possible physical issues for his "neediness"? I have heard of many families who discovered later it was a sensory issue or reflux or dairy sensitivity (to your diet if bfing or to formula).