View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me plan meals with the little I have left...

I would need to buy rice and flour in order to make this work.

1 and 2. Breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs with cheese, and biscuits, tortillas, or bread. I do a loaf biscuit with 3 cups flour, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 stick melted butter (if I have it), 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, and 1.5 cups milk. mix dry stuff, mix wet stuff, and then mix them together and bake at 350 in a greased pie pan.

3 and 4. Pasta. Use all your tomato products to make a pot of sauce. Divide into two portions. Cook a lb of pasta and serve with the sauce. Serve with steamed frozen veg. Can use 1 lb of ground turkey if you need meat with dinner. May or may not have some left for lunches. Depends on your family's appetites.

5, 6, 7, and 8. Turkey based stuff. Roast a turkey. Dinner 5: roast turkey, veg, stovetop. Dinner 6 and 7: Turkey soup. Broth from carcass, frozen veg, one lb pasta, turkey meat. Should make 10 quarts easy. Dinner 8. Turkey tacos. Turkey meat, cheese, salsa, tortillas. Serve with Rice a Roni mixed with a little salsa.

9 and 10. Rice and beans. Buy and cook a lb of rice. Dump your drained and rinsed five cans of kidney beans, some salsa, a little chicken broth, and some of that taco seasoning in a pot and cook low and slow until the beans get that New Orleans red beans texture. Won't be authentic flavor, but it'll work. Add corn if it appeals to you. Serve with shredded cheese. Should be enough for lunches.

11, 12, 13, 14. Meat, veg, starch. Make that a 5lb bag of rice (less than $4 at my stores) and you've got your beef, veg, rice. Pork, veg, rice. Smoked sausage, veg, rice. Turkey sausage made with your ground turkey. And you should have some left for lunches. Serve meat with bbq sauce.

At this point you might be out of frozen veggies.

So that is 14 large meals that could be either lunches or dinners and still a lot of odds and ends left. Like you will still have lots of pasta, which could be made into vegetable soup, egg drop soup, make a cheese sauce, served plain, etc. I wouldn't serve the same thing right after each other, I would wait at least a few days. So when I made the pasta sauce, I would freeze half of the sauce.

For breakfasts I would buy a lot of flour and milk and make pancakes and mix that up with the oatmeal you've got. Snack on the fruit.

I don't know if it will really take you to the 6th of July, but you could come close.

Last edited by MariaLA; 06-27-2012 at 08:16 AM.
MariaLA is offline   Reply With Quote