View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #79
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

My first baby slept through the night every night from day one. He never cried. He was the perfect baby! 14 months later I gave birth to his brother (my 2nd baby). This 2nd baby cried all day all night all the time from day 1 (literally it started the minute he was born)! He was very high needs. Never satisfied. He is four years old now and is still this way in a lot of ways. He does not like to give hugs or kisses. He has never climbed up in our bed at night. He cries a lot still. He has me do everything for him from dress him to wipe his bottom (he has been potty trained for two years, my 2 yr old wipes his own bottom).

I have not had another child like him since and we have 4 boys total so far. All children are different.

I have to add that my sons difficulties/personality are inherited. My husband was the exact same way when he was a boy (the man sucked a bottle till he was 8 yrs old!! And is still pretty helpless without me ). They even look identical! LOL

So I understand what your going through. It will pass. Keep the faith. Don't give up. It is nothing you did. It is just a part of God's plan. I know that God used my 2nd baby to grow me into the mother that I am today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
We are leaving our family up to God...in our hearts but on the surface, we have doubts. Our current baby is 6 months old and super super attached, as in, he doesn't sleep longer than 30 minutes unless he is latched on night and day. I'm scared to have another baby like him! We totally adore him to pieces but he really makes me doubt my ability to become a mother again. Backstory...he's a reversal baby! He kept coming to me in dreams for 3 years and finally DH dreamt about him. The next day, he scheduled his
reversal! I recently became saved....Dh is not though he considers himself a very progressive christian(as did I, until I realized my "progressive" beliefs brought me progressively to a life and person full of pain and strife). Our marriage needs God and I'm working on my end towards this and praying DH (super stubborn man he is) finds the real Christ through my example or otherwise.

Anyway, how do you remain open after a high needs baby (even if our marriage got better)?

Expecting our first GIRL July 13, 2014!!!

Last edited by christina2babyboys; 06-27-2012 at 09:31 AM.
christina2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote