View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

To all the CIOers

I never thought I would write this.

I always thought CIO was cruel. I never understood it and was SO against it. There was NO way I would ever subject my child to CIO.

Well, how things change. I have been trying for months to get my DD (8 months old) to sleep better. I have tried everything. Seriously. Read half a dozen books, spent weeks at a time with different methods...Lastly we had been co-sleeping but it wasn't going well for any of us. I was always uncomfortable, hardly slept and DD would nurse all night long.

So three nights ago DH finally said we had to try something else. So I went through our regular routine, and then put her in her crib to CIO. I checked on her, comforted her, and she cried. For nearly an hour before falling asleep. I felt like the worst mother on the planet for subjecting her to that... but she slept for 5 hours straight, and I felt like a new woman after getting to sleep comfortably in my bed for the first time in forever.

So..last night we tried again. She was asleep after only 7 minutes.

Tonight, she cried for 2 minutes.

I know it's still early in the game, but I feel the need to apologise to all those Mom's I (silently) judged or thought bad of because they did CIO. I always try to be very open minded, but until now, I could not wrap my head around CIO. I don't think it's for everyone, but in our case, it was what we all needed.

Last edited by Urchin; 06-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote