06-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: any restrictions/rules for kids' clothing?
For our sons:
- Collared shirts (usually a polo) worn to school. We do not wear t-shirts or character anything to school. Only exception is that they wear the school's t-shirt on field trips.
- Sneakers worn to school. (No sandals/crocs or character shoes for school.) Jack has a pair of McQueen light up sneakers from Stride Rite that he got for his 4th Birthday. He can still wear them to play outside, but not to school.
- Rash guards in addition to swim trunks, no exceptions. This is more about skin protection than modesty.
- Character t-shirts are OK for playtime and days we just hang out at home, but I try to keep them to a minimum because I get sick of looking at them. This is mostly an issue with Jack because he is VERY into CARS.
For our daughter:
- She wears a rash guard and swim shorts to the beach/water park/splash pad. This is for both skin protection and modesty. Personally, I am against bikinis for little girls, this includes bikini bottoms with a rash guard.
- She has one or two tank dresses, but no spaghetti straps.
- Shorts with dresses while we teach her modesty and how to keep her dresses down.
- Dresses past the knee. She is pretty short, so this is not hard.
- Most of her character items are PJs (Dora & Princess.) I think she only has 1 or 2 Dora t- shirts.
- A typical outfit for her is stretch pants and a tunic length tee.
Generally, I am less picky about play clothes (as long as there isn't a modesty issue for dd) because I know they will be gifted things I don't love (like another Cars t-shirt) and my kids are pretty rough on them so they usually don't last long anyways.
This will be our policy!
Originally Posted by newbiemama
WHAT DOES EVERYONE THING OF THIS RULE: When she's older, no shorts/skirts above the knee.
to An Airman
Mama to Nicholas Benjamin
(8) Jack Ryan
(6) Brooke Isabella
(5) our Great Dane, Matilda
and St. Bernard, Lucy
Last edited by AfWife8405; 06-30-2012 at 12:19 PM.