View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Let's talk dishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
I'm just baffled by the having hardly any dishes thing. That family rarely cooks, and the kids fend for themselves. So I guess that makes sense.

We do have a dishwasher but DH is ridiculously picky about washing them. He thoroughly scrubs and washes each item before putting it in, and it's sparsely full. I could easily fit triple the dishes in there. He likes to have it so every cup/bowl etc is perfectly flat and not touching anything else. Drives me crazy, but since I don't do them it's not my place to complain. He likes to remind me about when I put a cooking sheet in without washing it first and everything came out covered in fishstick bread crumbs. If he didn't wash them so thoroughly they'd all come out dirty like that.
If they are coming out dirty, then he is using too much soap or rinse agent, or your water is too soft, or both. We used to live in a place with naturally soft water and thought the dishwasher sucked. Turned out we just had to halve the amount of soap and stop using Jet Dry.

If you have a water softener, try to dial it down. What you are describing is a good indicator of water too soft, or waaaaaaaay too much soap.

Try Finish tabs for your dishwasher. Seriously, I can put a dirty lasagna pan in there without rinsing and it comes out spotless! But again, don't use a rinse agent with them unless you have uber-hard water.
Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote