View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Let's talk dishes

I coulld never live with one set of dishes per family member. but if they have teens, and they have trained them to wash their dish after every meal, I could see how it works if they never entertained. My guess is they eat on paper plates a lot.

I also have a Corelle set, and 15 dinner plates, 6 salad plates, 6 dessert plates, 12 bowls, 6 small coffee cups, 3 large and 2 small serving bowls all fit in a 15" upper cabinet with room for 2 dozen 8 oz quilted mason jars for glasses. We only use the dinner plates when we run out of smaller plates, and we do not reuse glasses or dishes between meals. We run the dishwasher every day, and it is usually completely full, but I run it regardless or there is not enough for the next day. We are a family of five that eat almost all meals at home, and the kids often have friends over.

For silverware, we have a set of 8 fancy stuff we got at our wedding 14 years ago. But they are large, and hard for the children to manage, so we got a set of 8 cheapies at Ikea and an extra box of spoons and an extra box of salad forks. Only the adults use the fancy stuff, and we never run out. It all fits in two small drawers. If spoons are the only real issue, just go buy some spoons and keep letting him do the dishes.