View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
jcogar1
Registered Users
seller

Help! Horrible sleeping 2 year old!

My 2.5 year old dd has become a horrible sleeper. Tonight, she's been up about 10-15 times. Background: she slept through the night @10ish months and was a wonderful sleeper. Slept 7-7 most nights without fighting to go down or any wake ups. We potty trained in January and got up with her a couple times a night to pee. She became day & night trained in about 1 week.

Since potty training, it's been all downhill. She refuses to go to sleep. We put her to bed @7 and she's usually awake until 9 or 10. We've tried moving her bedtime later, and she will still take 2-3 hours to go to sleep. Then comes the night wakings. She will yell that have wants us, we go in & tell her it's bed time and she will fall right back asleep usually. This happens, like I said, 10-15 times a night.

We also recently switched her to a toddler bed out of desperation for a better sleeping child. I know we could have done it a long time ago, but now I wish we didn't.

Mommy is exhausted, dd is exhausted & has become a very needy child whom otherwise has been a very well behaved kid. I also have our 7 month old in the room right next to her so I hate that if I don't jump up & she gets to screaming, now both kids are awake.

I'm desperate here. Any advice welcomed.
jcogar1 is offline   Reply With Quote