View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Re: Naps for 2 y/os..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl Jan View Post
I have read in so many places that kids needs a daily nap until kindergarten. So I personally am going to try to institute a better routine.
I have never heard this. I don't know how there could be a one-size fits all sleep requirement for kids. I simply cannot imagine my 4 year old taking a nap, ever. Even on 6 hour car rides neither of mine (4 and 2) take a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie714 View Post
I really do believe some don't need as much sleep. Not only have mine all stopped naps at a young age they have done so without melt downs in the evening.
I think this is the key when deciding about naps. If the child is not melting down, not showing indications of tiredness, and is sleeping well at night (say a good 10 to 12 hours), waking up rested, then I wouldn't try to impose a nap. If the child is melting down, is obviously tired and doesn't sleep well and wakes up cranky, then a nap is in order. I don't think it has anything to do with age, but rather the child's general temperament.