View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: would love to see everyones farm/animals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Love everyones pictures! Amanda, those gutter strawberries are awesome! I need to do that!
The ones in the gutters are not doing as well as the ones in the oval bed because they are a deep root plnat, but they are doing ok. Especially since they started out as a little bit of root with a twig on top from Michigan Bulb (but they were $.50 per plant so it was worth it, they are also ever bearers so will continue to bear until winter and come back again next year).

I wanted to try the gutter thing because Dh is soooooo against me taking up any more yard for gardens. he likes the big yard (even though it a PITA to mow and weedwack). We have 9 acres total and most of it is uncleared and stretches to the left of the coop and house, Dh says I can clear that and turn that into gardens, but it's gonna be a lot of work. Just past the end of the yar thru those trees is a state maintained trail system and on the other side of it is a wide stream, we own the stream frontage too, the trail cuts thru the property, it used to be railroad tracks.