View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: would love to see everyones farm/animals!!!

okay, i'll post too. lots of pictures of our little farm. Garden pictures we have a basic ranch style house with a walkout basement. I love having the pool off the back and the kids are like little tan fishes right now the barn. we built ourselves for less than $5000 including wood/framing/roofing/nails/etc. If we had paid to have it built it would have been $40K it's also finished inside with planed down old oak fence boards. that way the wind doesn't come right through. We need to install a sliding door on the back opening for winter still. my chickens. the meat birds and new hens. the meat bird will be butchered in mid august this year and my old laying hens. they are almost 2.5 and so that's why we got new ones this year. we're only getting 2-3 eggs a day from 8 girls the beef cow -- he's dinner this winter. hoping he gets a bit bigger before christmas time!
the milk goats. They are american alpines and are making over 2 gallons of milk a day for me combined. i'm looking for a few people locally to sell/give away milk to right now. I had to dump 2 gallons this morning on my garden cause i don't have anything else to put it in and my fridge is full and this is my milking stand that my hubby built for me out of scap lumber. So much nicer than paying $500 for a metal one!!