View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
Bear Family
Registered Users
seller

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me potty train my DS

My son was will be 3 this month so he is a little older. I started talking about it a few months ago, I bought a huge container of jelly beans in a see thru plastic jar. I put them on the counter where he could see them, when he would ask I would just tell him he had to pee in the toilet. He would tell me no. So I just let it be. In May (Mothers Day) I was in my back yard, and I could see him doing the potty dance...so I just told him to go in the yard. He peed on the grass a few more times that day, he would be playing and then run to the grass and pee. Later that night, he peed for the first time in the potty. From then on, he has been trained...he wears pull ups at night just in case, but usually wakes up dry. He is in underware when we are gone, all day, long drives, running errends...everything.

So to sum it up, I would say don't push it, dont let it irritate you...I know, easier said than done.

Give him an incentive

Let him pee outside, that is one of Jax favorite things and honeslty why I think it was so easy. Don't get me wrong though, he doesnt just start peeing outside where ever he is.

Potty training my daughter was a nightmare! Took forever, total pita, I am jealous that it was easy for you.
Bear Family is offline   Reply With Quote