View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can spanking cause mental illness

As someone who was spanked by both parents (it was abuse), I FULLY believe that spanking cause mental issues. I have anxiety, panic attacks when seeing my dad (he spanked so hard, we peed our pants), cannot confront anyone, have severe phobias about talking bad things with someone and more that I cannot think of right now.

My parents took physical discipline to a whole new level. Using wooden spoons, ping pong paddles, belts, anything they could get their hands on. And it was for the smallest infractions too. What is sad is they said that we got it less than they did as kids. And I decided that I would NEVER beat my kids. I broke the cycle and I am so proud. My kids actually like me and don't fear me. I must say that it is nice to know that my kids don't scatter in fear that I am going to beat them.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote