View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
*title should actually read neglect not abuse *
I'll preface this by saying I am a bit over protective and while I wouldn't call myself helicopter I'm certainly not free range.

I apologize in advance for my book.

Anyhow family of 3 kids couple houses down from us. 2 youngest are 5&7 same as my 2 oldest. Older girl is maybe 10.
The family are have been here from Africa for 15 years ( I'm mentioning it because I'm wondering if it may be some cultural differences. )
Please no one take any offense it is not intended to be offensive.

The kids are stuck outside with no supervision all day long. When we first moved in here it was still under construction. The kids are running through in bare feet with nails and construction materials in the dirt and no parents and sight. This was two years ago so if littlest was just 3.

They ride bikes with no helmets which is illegal here. I'm too many occasions I've seen them just about to get hit by cars riding on the road or behind someone backing out of their driveway. Also on several occasions fall off their bikes and almost hit their heads.

Littlest would always come to school with no snack and no proper winter Attire. When it's 30 below. In the middle of Canadian winter he was wearing a spring jacket with a broken zipper.
I don't think it's a money issue because they are in one of the biggest houses on our street and the parents drive nice cars and always have nice clothes. They also have someone come and clean their house weekly.

They also do not have proper child seats/boosters. The youngest is maybe 35lbs soaking wet but he rides in an adult seat. Law here is booster min 40 lbs - 80lbs or 8 years old.
This kids should still technically be harnessed.

The kids just run wild and have no concept of others property. We had to put a pad lock on our gate to keep them out when we are not home.

When we first moved in they came to my door after school saying they locked themselves out.
They waited here and used my phone. I gave them snacks and so forth. Then it started becoming a regular thing. I was pregnant sick and tired. These kids are not even close to well behaved and the 7 year old drives my 2 yo to tears picking him up and such. They don't share and fight with my kids. They broke our swing set twice and many other toys.
As much as I felt bad I had to put a stop to it.

I guess my question if you are still with me is wwyd ? Myob or contact children's services?

Last edited by mommy24babes; 07-02-2012 at 09:43 PM.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote