View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opinions please abuse or different parenting?

Oh, wow.
Honestly, if it was me, I would start by analyzing my own motives. Are my feelings about how the kids treat me & my kids playing into my desire to do something? Not saying that is the case with you, but it would be easy to do, and it is better to check yourself either way.
My biggest issue would be with the car seats. Unfortunately, that is a case of both safety AND the law. Most of what you are saying sounds cultural, and I don't know that you can do much about the rest, but the car seats are a pretty big deal. I would worry about those kids every time they pulled out of their driveway!
You could maybe buy some bike helmets and anonymously leave them on the doorstep...perhaps with a printout of that particular regulation. At least then, the kids' heads would be protected when they ride around.
Also, looks can be deceiving. If the family is provided for through a church or charitable organization, their house, cars, and some living expenses (like upkeep of the house) may come from donations to the church. This was often the case at one of the churches I used to attend. People donate all kinds of stuff.
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote