Old 07-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teething.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
that just doesn't sound like teeth to me at all.

I would take him to the doctor.
Thanks. My SIL who is kind of anti-doctor most of the time (unless it's an emergency) just told me maybe I should take him. She said it doesn't sound normal to her either. She has two kids...one of which is only a year older than DS. He's been happy 95% of the time since birth and rarely ever cries. I've been spoiled so I thought maybe it was just me not able to take a crying baby (I'm normally very laid back no matter what), but since friday I'm starting to now feel so overwhelmed that I keep losing my temper with DH and the pets and I raised my voice to DS tonight and I feel so bad...I try to NEVER do that.
He's in pain and I have no right to yell at him. He'll be playing and suddenly stop and start crying hysterically and want held for a while. After 4 days of non-stop fussing and crying I'm to the point where for the first time since I gave birth I feel a feeling of dislike toward my son. It's tearing out my heart b/c I've never had mean feelings toward him. The crying and fussing is non-stop though.
When I check on him in the middle of the night, he's just laying there with his eyes open and then starts crying. He'll be happy and play with DH and I for a short amount of time (like a 1/2 hour or so) then suddenly start crying again for anywhere from a few min to a half hour sometimes an hour. I can see the teeth coming and his gums are so swollen...but he won't eat and didn't pee from before lunch until bedtime. I'm calling the Dr first thing in the morning b/c it's just not normal. Teething is usually something I barely notice in him. I mean, he usually gets fussy and wants held and cuddled for a day or two but he hasn't eaten much or drank much all weekend or today. That's worrying me more than anything...that and the constant crying. I feel like a bad Mom b/c nothing I do works.