View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Would it make a difference to you? (picking a pediatrician)

Interviewed a pediatrician yesterday and I'm not sure if the cons outweigh all the pros or I should just deal with the cons because of all the good.

Pro-
Very well known respected pediatrician recommended by most of the doctors in the med center but is near my house (like 3 min away from me while the other pediatricians recommended were in the med center downtown)

Affiliated with a well know children's hospital so if terra has thyroid problems (my peri is concerned about this) it will be easy to get her into their endocrinology department.

Very pro breastfeeding and has a LC on staff if I need one after I leave the hospital

Leaves 5 appointments open everyday for sick babies so there is a good chance I can get a same day appt even though she is so booked

Has privileges at the hospital I'm delivering at which is not common for most pediatricians around here since I choose a hospital in the med center not one of the hospitals around here

Neutral-
Does not accept patients who don't vax (this doesn't effect me since I'm planning on vaxing but I included this so you can get a better pic of who she is)

Cons-
She does not allow delayed vaxing which I was considering, if you do not vax on schedule she will refer you to another dr

Not very friendly or happy, super blunt to the point which is fine for me but I'm having a hard time getting around the image in my mind that a pediatrician should be super happy and smiling (like arizona Robbins on greys anatomy)

She made it clear that she is very busy which is not a big deal I guess I think this is just her personality

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote