View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #41
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Would it make a difference to you? (picking a pediatrician)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
oh- have you asked about limiting shots per visits rather than an all out delay. Our doc's office does not accept (and will not refer) patients who don't vax. they also require vaxing on schedule, but they will let you split up shots so they aren't all in one day- as long as they get in during the recommended age period.
This. If you plan to vac. then I would take that off the measure, but this is very important. We started on a regular schedule and we got fevers and cranky that were enough to say, hey, lets slow this down and can we come monthly. Our peds were wonderful and had no issue and just said to come the normal every three months. It was no big deal and together we decided which ones we'd get each visit. I never imagined it would be an issue but if your child has a reaction, which most do, splitting them up, is a good idea.

I don't think anyone can answer this for you. Personality is a big deal to me and if she is that busy will she take the time to answer all those new mom questions or will she be so rushed as she is "so busy" that you aren't getting the help/advice you need.

We didn't interview peds/ We fell into our first ped. and she was a resident and was wonderful. Because she was a resident, we always got 2-3 opinions and always got a head ped. if there was an issue (and there were). She was amazing and took a lot of time to explain everything, answer questions and do a great job. She then recommended our next ped, and one of them was the working with us on shot issue as well as other issues, and its been a non-issue. The new one is really easy to talk to, very comfortable to deal with and never has an issue if I just waste a visit being that worrier mom. She's fine with our choices and will "educate" us but never pushes. She even worked with us before we got on her panel and never cared. Don't underestimate personality/good fit.