View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Air/Hotel travel with an infant

It's quite possible that DH,DD and I will be traveling across the country by air very soon. My DH's grandmother is entering in-patient hospice care at age 94 and we are basically waiting to get a very sad call at any moment. We also will have to get out there within a day of said call due to the Jewish tradition of burying bodies as soon as possible.

The kink in all this is our three month old and we have never travelled with a child, let alone a wee baby. Any hints are very helpful, as I don't know exactly what we're gonna do in terms of diapers, sleeping arrangements at a hotel, etc.

We cloth diaper 100%, but since we'll be at a hotel and pretty much on a whirlwind trip I think we'd buy a pack of fragrance free 'sposies or disposable inserts and bring a couple covers in case of 'sposie blowout.

As far as sleeping arrangements, she has a rock n play sleeper that she uses most nights still and I think it can disassemble and fit in our suitcase (there's something about using a hotel's pack n play that really grosses me out). I am sure I could co-sleep with her, as we nap together regularly, but being in a bed away from home and totally exhausted, I just don't know.

Ok, I will stop rambling and hope that you mamas out there can give me some tips, especially those of you who have done "last minute" travel with an infant!

TIA!