View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #20
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: 3+ c-sections- please share stories and info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
I don't really understand the thin uterus that drs say. When I had my 3rd my ob told me that my uterus was paper thin that if we waited even a day longer it might have ruptured. She said for future babies we should think about having a cs earlier. For baby #4, she must have forgotten and didn't write it down, I had my cs scheduled for a couple days before my due date. For #4 and #5 both times she never mentioned anything about my thin uterus and even her and the other ob that was workign with her for my 5th said that I looked better inside then people who have had only 1 cs. So I don't get the thin uterus thing or at least why they use that to determine future cs. I didn't say anything to her because I did my own research and found that uterus is suppose to be really thin.
It's so strange what all the docs say. MY doctor said it's not usually a matter of uterine thinness. But instead it's a matter of placenta issues increasing with multiple c/s and scarring issues arising. Because multiple c-sections increasing risks of placenta incretas, accretas, etc. he recommends stopping after the pregnancy in which he feels like the placenta is implanted too deeply or if the placenta has other issues due to the c/s history. He's had 4 severe placenta accretas with 4th c-sections that resulted in hysterrectomies (one... his first... with a lot of blood transfusions... he learned a lot from that one). He's had other women have placenta issues due to c/s and he recommended they be done with childbearing.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote