View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Early interest in potty -how to?

You might try checking out the EC part of the board. I did EC with my first and she was in underwear at 18 months, although we had misses until 22 months or so. Even before she can pull her underwear up and down you can just do it for her. Use a potty reducer or a little potty if you need to. Around 18 months we stopped using the little potty because my daughter has a large behind for her age and didn't need it, lol.
Timing is fine. Remember that she will probably have to pee right after she wakes up from sleeping in the morning, probably an hour or so after that, and then you can just take her periodically after that and see if she has to go. Make it fun- sing, bring a book, a toy, etc. Sometimes we took a stuffed animal and let the animal go first. With EC you use a cue also, but at her age you might not need to. A cue is usually a sound like "pssss" or "shhhhhh"- something watery. You can even make it when you go potty and then take her and make the same sound. That works for some moms. My son is 3.5 months and he pees in the potty most of the time when I cue him