View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats in your diaper bag?

I carry a Ju-Ju-Be Be Hip. I use their Be Quick pouches to help organize it. My son will be 2 this month, and I'm due with our second child in a few weeks.

In the inner zip pocket I keep a little first aid kit and some antibacterial wipes. There are two mesh pockets on the inside, one of them I keep things like sun screen, antibacterial hand gel, and extra trash bags (I have one of those Munchkin/Arm & Hammer dispenser ones, just in case I'm ever without a wet bag or need to throw away food or put dirty/wet clothes in something). In the other mesh pocket I keep a pouch with snacks and stuff in it (a Lara Bar for myself, a little granola bar for my son, an organic fruit/veggie pouch, a spoon, a bib, etc.).

I keep diapering things in one of the Be Quick pouches. So wipes, a wet bag, a sample container of CJ's, whatever diapers I'm taking along, etc.

I have another Be Quick that I will keep spare clothes in once the baby arrives. It's currently being used in my hospital bag to hold the baby's going home outfits, but it will then be used to keep spare changes of clothes in it.

I have a third Be Quick that I use for my personal stuff, since I don't like to carry a diaper bag and a purse. I like having my stuff in one spot, so if I run into a store or something then I can just grab that.

There are some outer pockets. One of them I keep a package of Boogie Wipes, the others I leave open for my phone and keys. There are two drink pockets on the sides, I usually stick a water bottle in one of them. The other is empty, but since I'll have a newborn soon I plan on using that for burp cloths or whatever I need to have quick access to.

There's a wide slip pocket in the back, I keep a thin changing pad in that, and usually a coloring book and crayons. I'll slip random things in there that I might want to take along, like a sun hat for my son.

I'm really hoping I can make the Be Hip work with a toddler and a newborn, because I really like the bag and it's comfortable and light to carry. I also have a Ju-Ju-Be Be Mighty, which is a big tote bag... I plan on using that when we have longer outings to throw extra diapers and toys and such in, and then I can just leave it in the car or bring both bags in if we're somewhere for a long time.

My son also has one of those cute Skip Hop backpacks, which we send with him if my parents watch him. I imagine we'll start having him carry some of his own things in there more often as he gets a bit bigger and becomes more able to carry it himself. Also, I'm rarely far from my car, so it's not hard to leave things in there and then just bring the diaper bag with our basics in it.

edit: Sorry for the novel! lol... I guess I didn't need to be so detailed.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 07-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote