View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
Flarmonster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Relief from terrible Vericose Veins during Pregnancy?

This has been a really interesting thread to read through. I am 36ish weeks with #3. Had some VVV during #1, and I used that V2 prenatal cradle. It did help, but it was also annoying to wear. I'm sure you get used to it, as people got used to wearing girdles, hoops and all sorts of other things!

During #2, I had some mild leg VV, but they were just visual unappealing. This time, however, my legs and vulva swelled with a vengeance early in the 2nd trimester. It got so painful I had to put on compression stockings. OTC didn't help much, but made the pain less. I got a script and have been wearing 20-30mmhg every day for months now. The thigh high ones work well for me (less sagging and discomfort). Even the name brand ones don't last too long when you wear them daily, but they aren't as bad in the heat as I thought they would be.

I also take horsechestnut extract at the suggestion of my midwife and that seems to really help. So does keeping really well hydrated. The amber is a good idea, I wish I'd thought of it earlier.
Sarah- Happy wife to my DH Ken. Proud mama to 6yo D, 3yo J, 1yo V and #4 expected 7/23/14
Part time dog trainer, full time baby trainer. www.sidebysidetraining.com
Flarmonster is offline   Reply With Quote