View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We can't find her lovey and I am devestated

I have 5 kids. Only one of them has latched onto a lovey type thing. She got it right after she was born. In fact, it's a Christmas dog with green paws and red ears because she was born a week before Christmas. She latched onto it sometime before age 2. I did not purposely try to get her to have a lovey. (not my style) She found it in the toys one day and never put it down. She is 4.5 now. She goes in spurts of playing with it. Sometimes she won't play with it for a few days or a week, but she always goes back to it and way more often than not it's close by.

Well, we can't find it. I don't even know when the last time I saw it was. She hasn't played with it for several days or even a week or more. I really have no clue. I can't imagine it's not here somewhere because I'm so good about not letting her take it in places and always making sure we have it. I think I'm just as attached to it as she is. But we really can't find it.

She was okay till I mentioned getting a new one off Ebay. That's when the tears started. She doesn't want a new one. She wants hers and I can totally understand that. I don't want her to have a new one. Her's has repairs and stains and is very well loved.

I'm pregnant. So, I'm assuming hormones are kicking in, but I've been crying too. It's just devastating to think that of my 5 children only one has a lovey and we may have lost it. I was trying to think of what item in our house I would be more upset to lose than this dog and I honestly could not think of one. It feels like losing a pet.

Anyone else feel this strongly about losing their child's lovey. I feel like I must be insane and the only crazy one to act like this.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 07-06-2012 at 08:03 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote