Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
Tiffanylamp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! dd sobs when she sees grandparents

Thank you!!!

I am glad so many of you have your own stories as it means I am not alone

Advice has been great I really would prefer they visit here, mostly due to the cigar smoking at their house. Dh was hurt and I just sort of chalked it up to being a baby, but his mil took it very personally. Currently they see here about twice a month, though this last month was only about once due to busy schedules.

Doodah, I think you asked about how they interact with her, and I do think mil tends to reach for her. Most other people approach her more slowly. Sometimes it is hard to make suggestions to them, but I did ask dh to suggest to them no perfume and cut back on the cigars on visit days. I noticed when we were outside, dd was much better, and that made me think maybe it was smells (open air, not so strong). But, it was so hot I was uneasy about keeping her out in the heat too long (our dog was out for just a few minutes to potty and he was showing signs of heat exhaustion).

I do know that they always seem to arrive in the middle of a nap, and yesterday our dog barked very loudly, they brought their dog and it was busy/loud. But, my mom has visited with her dog and it is loud and busy in the middle of naps without incident, so I dont know.

And, thanks for all the support of not making visits 1-2 times a week If I did that she would see them more than her own father! I am really not comfortable having weekly visits of her crying, especially if it is something she just needs to grow out of and time will fix.

Again, thank you everyone for your ideas and suggestions! I think the first thing to try is the strong smells and go from there.

Happily getting my Groupon on
Tiffanylamp is offline   Reply With Quote