View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your thoughts please..... and support

I am a Christian, church-going mother myself who has worked in various church nurseries and preschool Sunday school, and I am 100% BEHIND YOU IN NOT LEAVING YOUR CHILD WITH THAT WOMAN AGAIN. Her behavior was unacceptable. Nursery workers are there to help and support you, NOT to question your parenting style or make you feel like a bad mommy.
That said, I wouldn't contact the just the pastor. Most churches have someone (a Children's Ministry, Preschool Ministry, or Discipleship Minister/Leader) who directly oversees Sunday School and their teaching staff/volunteers. Check the church website - their email is probably on there. I would absolutely email the sunday school director, and CC: the pastor.
There are some people who think that their presence in the nursery gives them more authority than they really have. Granted, most nursery workers will try to calm a child down before calling for help, but once it is clear that there is something wrong, it is NOT the nursery worker's job to parent the child. Most churches instruct their workers to call an administrator in at that point, and they go get get the parents.
This woman (and anyone who was present in the room and supporting her inappropriate actions) needs to be removed from the nursery. It does not sound like she is being a good example of Christ's love or compassion to the kids in her care, OR to the parents who place their trust in her.

Last edited by TooBusyBearcubs; 07-08-2012 at 07:58 PM.
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote