Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your thoughts please..... and support

Also wanted to add...
As a former nursery worker myself, and a mom of two, I know what separation anxiety looks like. A child who is going through separation anxiety will fuss for a few minutes at the beginning, maybe fuss a couple of times during the service, but be ok most of the rest of the time. What you describe sounds like your LO doesn't trust the people who were taking care of him. Smart kiddo.
Also, you may want to remind those nursery workers that their expectations of the social behavior of toddlers is ridiculous. It is perfectly normal and developmentally appropriate for toddlers to engage in PARALLEL PLAY - playing near each other, but not together. Most kids do not start actively playing together until they are at least 3, sometimes 4 or 5.
Their judgement of your parenting, and their actions based on that judgement, are WAY out of line.
With that, I must stop typing, or I will say something that does not honor Jesus.
Hope you find a church with a more loving and compassionate staff, mama.
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote