View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Staying in a hotel for a week...feed us from our own fridge!

we stayed at great wolf lodge for 4 days last year and they did not allow crock pots or any other "cooking" device to be used. They did however have a microwave. so, i got creative!! i premade taco/burrito stuff. meat/beans/corn/seasoning. and put in a container to be reheated. then we had tacos on the soft shells for dinner and lunch. I brought several pounds of lunchmeat and 2 loaves of bread for lunches.

We brought 2 ice coolers with us and had one for drinks and one for the food supplies. We used the ice from the hotel icemachine to refill the cooler daily and just drained the water off our balcony. not sure if you have a truck or a car?? but you could easily put a small grill on the back of a truck or even one of those tiny charcoal grills in the trunk of a car or suv. then you could grill out one night in the parking lot and keep your "fixins" for the burgers in the cooler also

oh, i know you said breakfast is covered by the hotel. but what about having cereal for dinner or lunch one day?? let them eat a hot breakfast at the hotel and then have cereal and milk for lunch!!

good luck and i hope you have fun!

Last edited by chloecat; 07-12-2012 at 09:02 AM.
chloecat is offline   Reply With Quote