Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #64
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 mamas - July chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_crystalz View Post
Any advice on neighborhood kids that just WILL NOT LISTEN to you? Some of the girls friends (boy age 8 and girl age 5) just moved in next door and they literally bothered us ALL day yesterday. They wouldn't leave when I told them to, wouldn't listen to what I told them to do, kept Seni up from her second nap, etc. I finally made them leave a little after 7 telling them the girls were going to lay down to watch tv before bed. 1/2 hour later the kids walk in again (forgot to lock the door, grr...) saying they want to watch a movie with my girls. I said "NO, they're sleeping. You NEED to go home." And their response was that their babysitter said they have to be home at 11... WTF?! I'm going to talk to their mom today but I don't know if it'll do much- she's pretty lax (obviously) and just lets them do whatever I think. UGH.
holy annoying batman! (wait, is saying "holy [fill-in-the-blank] batman" annoying? probably. will have to work on that.)
wow, unbelievable. hate when kids can't catch a clue...or even an outright "go home." had that happen a few times when I babysat in high school. I was babysitting 4 kids (for $3 an hour), forgive me if I didn't want to feel responsible for your 3 kids also! we would often go to a nearby school playground in an effort to break away, but "oh we can go, our mom doesn't care." great. just great
yeah, I would try again with talking very directly and plainly to the kids. if that still doesn't work...lock the doors and turn off the lights! it's a kid zombie invasion! ok, not really. man, that is hard. hope it works out.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote