View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

My custom remembrance ring

Just wanted to share this with those who would truly understand it.

I've had 6 miscarriages. The most recent was in May. I was 11 weeks and had a D& C. This was the first non-viable pregnancy where we saw a heartbeat before loosing the baby. It was completely devastating for both my DH and I.

I was looking for some sort of remembrance jewelry, but couldn't find anything that I liked. In all my googling, I found a photo of the word LOVE where the V was baby feet. I used that example to do a little art therapy of my own using my children's feet.

After that I decided that the love babyfeet thing would make a great piece of jewelry. So I asked my artist friend to help me turn the idea into a ring. He made the script more flowy and symmetrical.

I found a local jeweler and presented him with my idea. He loved it and said he'd waive the $500 design fee (apparently custom rings are expensive!) if he could reproduce the ring in his shop. I agreed and he got to work. The jeweler loved the design so much that he is making one for his wife.

So here's my ring. This pic shows the paper prototype that I've been wearing while awaiting the real ring.

I used gemstones from my grandmother's rings. The emerald represents baby Jack as I lost him in May. There is a heart on each side with a diamond in each heart. The inside is engraved with "I will carry you," which is the title of a song by Selah that really helped me cope with the loss.

ETA: I've had several requests for contact info. So here it is. The jeweler said he'd be making the design into a pendant as well. Just FYI, The ring was expensive, approx $900 for a size 9. I was able to reduce my out of pocket cost to only $400 by selling my old gold jewelry to the jeweler. I also used gemstones from the jewelry I sold. If you want the ring but can't swing the price, you could reduce the cost by going with silver, doing a pendent rather than a ring, go without gemstones, and don't do engraving.

Steve Kaye
Kappy's Fine Jewelry Inc,
www.kappysjewelry.com
kappysfinejewelry@gmail.com
561-433-1485
located in West Palm Beach, FL

I'm updating this thread with a photo I've been longing for. My story had a happy ending. My rainbow baby Jane was born 4 days prior to the year anniversary of the loss of Jack. Here's her little baby toes with my remembrance ring

Last edited by myblessedbaby; 05-31-2013 at 03:06 PM.
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote