View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #25
aflyingbuttress
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any mamas here cook everything from scratch?

2quens&1princenmyhouse, I made those homemade tortillas last night and they were so easy and a total hit. Way better than store bought both in flavor and in quality. I hate how store bought tortillas fall apart when you use them.

We actually got started this week. Last night we had guests and made fish tacos. I used ingredients we already had and made rice, beans, and tortillas from scratch. The rice I made in a rice cooker, just white rice and I added garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, tomato paste, and used vegetable broth instead of water and it was fabulous. So all I had to go out and buy was the fish, lime, onion, tomato, avocado, and yogurt. Next time I will make the yogurt too.

For the rest of the week I planned a menu around what I already had on hand and had to buy very little. I actually think I might have gotten enough for 2 weeks of food and I didn't spend that much at all.

I'm so excited to keep doing this. Thanks everyone for all the tips and recipes! Hungary caterpillar, I can't wait to try that mac and cheese!
aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote