Re: Anyone test for Down's yet?
Glad you were able to make a decision you are all comfortable with!
Originally Posted by Mugz21
So after some thought and discussions with my husband and family, along with some professional advice from a pediatric MD my sister works with, we decided not to go through with any more testing. There's no way we'd abort if we knew the baby had DS so why take a risk with an amnio? Like some one said before, we have a 6% chance. I'm not worried. God wouldn't give us a baby we can't handle! My doctor did make me schedule a detailed 18 week sonogram with a specialist though. Which is fine with us. I'm going to enjoy my pregnancy (as soon as the morning sickness subsides) and not worry myself to death. Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement
Is the 18 wk u/s different than the normal 18-20 wk u/s? I do think they can tell so much now with u/s and I totally agree with your reasoning on why no more testing