View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
babeycakes
Registered Users
seller

Re: The Best of Both Worlds: At Peace with Formula Feeding

It is so great to read these stories and relate to them.

I experienced issues with delayed lactation and low supply from the very beginning despite trying everything under the sun. I remember feeling like a failure as a mother when I started supplementing with formula when my son was 4 days old since my milk had not come in yet. I think I cried every time I gave him a bottle in the beginning. I pumped every 4 hours around the clock for months just to be able to give him some breast milk. One day when he was 3 1/2 months old I was pumping and he was sitting nearby in the boppy crying. I stopped my pumping session to tend to him and he just looked up at me and smiled. I realized then that pumping was taking away from valuable time I could be spending with him and that he would happily accept a diet of 100% formula if it meant he could spend more time with me. That day I started weaning off of the pump. It felt great to let go of all of the guilt and anger I felt at myself over not being able to provide breast milk for my baby. My son is 7 1/2 months now and a very healthy and happy baby and I'm much happier now too.
babeycakes is offline   Reply With Quote