Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
momof3boysNC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kindergarten questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitterBug Creations View Post
I think a lot of what you talked about is un-schooling. we are more traditional in our way of teaching. we like to have a schedule and school type setting. we have a room dedicated just for school that we decorate and he has a desk etc... we sometimes end up doing work on the couch or kitchen table but for the most part. my son likes to do work sheets so seat work is a great fit for him.

it seems like 30 minutes a day for a homeschooler is not enough. I get that they learn through playing and exploring, but I think we will probably do a bit more than 30 minutes. I'm thinking like an hour to an hour and a half a day broken up throughout the day is our goal. It's kindergarten so i'm not totally set on that. we'll see how he does and go from there I guess
I agree ^

Once you start homeschooling it gets easier to decide how to do things. Watching how your son reacts to certain things will help determine how to modify(if need be) to fit his learning needs/style. That is what I love about homeschooling.