View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
stlittleton
Registered Users

Re: One month already

Milo will be a month this Thursday. He was 8 lbs and 20 inches long at birth. He had a 3 week check up and weighed in at 8 14, and was 21.5 inches long! Sadly breastfeeding didn't work out for us. He could never latch properly. The nipple shield only worked for the first couple of days and then he wouldn't even do that. I had been pumping as well, because even with the nipple shields he couldn't empty my breasts, and then started pumping full time since he resisted the nipple shields. After about a week of pumping every 2 hrs, my supply just completely dried up. I went from pumping 3 ozs every 2 hours to getting less than half an oz every 2 hrs. I tried a couple of ways to try to help increase my supply but nothing seemed to work. After much frustration and disappointment, I finally decided to stop pumping 4 days ago. My breasts haven't seemed full, they don't hurt, and I'm not leaking at all..

We were also having some issues with vomiting. It was like projectile! Just every day or 2 he would throw up so much! He hardly has any spit up, like almost none so this was really freaking me out. The doctor checked him out and said as long as it doesn't seem to bother him it's probably normal. Well since we've stopped giving him breast milk it has stopped.. Could there have been something in my milk that would have caused that? The formula we use is just a regular formula, so I wouldn't think it would be a dairy intolerance, but I'm not really sure.

Milo also is a great sleeper.. at night. He's now going about 4 to 5 hours at a time at night. Which is so nice, especially since SO just started a new physically demanding job. He sleeps well during the day, but you have to be holding him. He could be in a dead sleep, you lay him down, and he'll wake up with 10 minutes screaming his head off! He's also not interested in his swing, or bouncy chair either.. I'm hoping that'll change soon. I'd just like to be able to do dishes or laundry or anything really.. He just seems to have no interest in being anywhere but my arms during the day.

Happy to hear everyone's LO seems to be doing well and love the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Milo1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	113205  
stlittleton is offline   Reply With Quote