View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Kindergarten questions

We are about 1/2 way through my 5.5 year olds kindergarten year. I do not grade anything. We don't do a lot of written worksheets anyway so there isn't really much to grade. She does have a math workbook and we do it with me sitting right there with her so if she gets something wrong I work with her on how to get it right.

As far as how much time we spend about an hour a day on schoolwork. Usually that's broken up as 15 minutes for phonics, 20-30 minutes for math (depending on how things are going that day), a bit of science 2-3 days a week, and guided reading. We also do some arts and crafts throughout the day but I don't consider that school. We don't school on Monday. Tues, Wed and Thurs are regular school days. Friday is our fieldtrip day and I don't tell them where/what we are doing but give clues. So usually friday is about 15 minutes of guided reading that somehow correlates with our fieldtrip and a math lesson that somehow goes along with it (like last week we went blueberry picking so she did some worksheets on counting the blueberries and adding them up).

We don't do workboxes either, mostly because i'm just not organized enough for them.