View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
jnk10046
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kayla Ann is here!

Oh my I have not been on in a week and look at all these birth stories! Congrats mama's

Kayla Ann was born on 7/12 at 9:24 am 8lbs 6oz 20 3/4 inches long. She is beautiful and such a blessing to our family. She is healthy and her brother just adore her.

I was scheduled to be induced at 8pm Wed the 11th. After checking in, I was at a 4 and 50% effaced, station -2. They chose to induce by rupture of membranes at 9:30 pm. I was up and walking for 1 hour until my feet were killing me. I sat on the birthing ball for a while to rest. I stood and swayed. I was put back on the monitor and the docs came in to tell encourage me to introduce pitocin. I thought about it for a while and by now I was soooooo tired. I decided I wanted to get this going. They started pit and I was sleeping through painful contractions that were every 1.5 mins. By 4 am. I couldn't sleep. I was so tired that I wanted an epidural. The epidural was placed and I was comfortable again. I was sleeping until I felt lots of pressure. I pushed the epidural button and my BP dropped and made me sick to my stomach and shaking uncontrollably. They gave me IV fluids and I was feeling better.

I was check again and I was at 8 with just a lip of my cervix left on the right side. They had me turn on my right side to see if this would thin. A while later, They checked me again. It was still there but I had tons of rectal pressure. She had me try to push to see if she could thin it out and move it out of the way. It worked. By this time I could feel my legs but was afraid to push the epidural button to get more meds. I pushed 30ish minutes and she was here. On my chest and ready to nurse. I had only very minor tears by my urethra.

She was only taken out of my room once for a blood draw for jaundice and We were discharged after about 30 hours with just a little jaundice. We went to the peds on Sat, Mon and today and here levels are going down.

I hope that I can get pics up soon.