Madame Medina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please reassure me that babe isn't starving

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
My questions:
Should I try giving him a bottle after breastfeeding to see if he's not getting enough?
At what point do you consider formula?
Can I do anything else to up my supply? I can't possibly pump any more, and I'm hydrating and usually watch videos of babe while I pump.
What if I don't let down for him? What can I do?
1. I would not try and give him a bottle after breastfeeding. If he is still giving you hunger cues then I would continue to allow him to suckle at your breast. Even if he's not making distinct swallowing sounds. That extra stimulation will cue your body to produce more milk.
2. Yes, there are somethings you can do to increase your supply, like taking herbal supplements etc. Kellymom has some great suggestions for increasing milk supply.
3. If you're having trouble letting down trying bring your baby into the bath with you to nurse. Sometime a change of scenery and a calming bath can help. In my experience when I stressed over any act of breastfeeding I would tend to make the problem worse. Hyper focusing on what I ever I thought the problem was and tense up.

But to be completely honest, it sounds like your doing a great job at providing what he needs. Your little guy is blessed to have a mama who loves him so much.
The New Spring Catalog is HERE! For every $31 you spend in March get your choice of seven totes at 50% OFF! Thirty-One Gifts All DS mama's who host a catalog party with me earn DOUBLE in Free Hostess Credit. Looking to earn some extra money? Join my team in March and get your kit for FREE. Ask me how.
Madame Medina is offline   Reply With Quote