Old 07-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: The Best of Both Worlds: At Peace with Formula Feeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug87 View Post
I am so happy to read this. I am still breastfeeding my 5 month old, but he dropped at 4 months to the 2nd percentile for weight and a GI doctor listed him as FTT. So we are supplementing with formula. And when you factor in my PPD, it is SO hard. I am hysterical and panicky every time I give him a bottle. We walked through fire to build a supply early on, and at two months old I was having to weigh him before and after every feeding, and supplement what he was missing...it was terrible.

My therapist wants me to stop BFing completely for my sanity, but I have all of this guilt that my son will be sad and won't understand,etc. Breastfeeding issues are SO hard, especially when those around you make it seem so easy!
to you mama! I also have PPD (managing with meds currently) and that doesn't make supply issues any easier to handle. I BF what I can, but I no longer stress over the amount that I can provide. A baby shouldn't simply be defined by being a "formula baby" or a "EBF baby", he or she is special, sweet and they are no more or less loved or cared for based on how they are fed.