View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #18
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree that getting out helps. Even babies are interested in the change and crying stops. You could put both kids in the stroller and take a walk in the early AM while it is still in the 80s, or if it gets really cloudy/overcast that's a good time to walk too. (I'm in Texas so I completely understand the heat.) I always feel better after a walk. One time both my 3yo and baby fell asleep in the stroller - it was the best hour of my life

Or just go for a drive if you are at your wits end and need a change of scenery.

How is your almost 3yo at independent play? Does he enjoy educational cartoons? My 3yo spends half the day playing learning games on pbskids.com. She taught herself how to do this about a month before she turned 3 and right before DD2 got here. It has saved my life. I feel like I ignore her too. I just do the basics (brush her teeth, comb her hair, get her dressed, feed her) and do the occasional book/puzzle. I talk to her as much as I can when I am "stuck" with the baby, and try not to beat myself up, but I do feel badly about it. So don't feel alone in this - you are doing your best and doing it right, even if less important things like housework and complicated dinners fall through the cracks.

You've got to ignore hubs. He is full of it. Maybe he can get you supermom's email addy and you can ask her how she does it. If she tells you the same things as us, you can tell DH "see?!".

Do you think your elimination diet is helping? If not, I highly recommend cutting out soy and eggs as well as pork and beef. Why did you cut rice? I thought that was a safe one. I'm doing this as well so I know how much it sucks.

Being a mom is hard! You are doing a GREAT job. Hang in there because it WILL get better.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote