View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Facing my second breech c-section :( Help me with my birth plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
I'm sorry that the baby is still breech and you are facing another repeat c-section but I am glad that you are emotionally prepared this time. My last was still transverse/oblique at 36 weeks and I was FREAKING out. After lots of inversions, heat/cold, massage...I finally tried the chiro and she was able to get off of my hip and go head down. I was so panicky for the next 6 weeks (yes she was 13 days late) but she stayed that way and we had another home birth. I pray that your LO will move into an ideal position but if not, I continue to pray for peace about the c-section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBabyBoy View Post
By 2 breech C sections were really smooth. After acupuncture, moxybustin, endless weeks spent on all fours hanging my belly, etc., I determined with DD (kid #1) that I was "giving up the fight". I began to realize whether it was her or my body shape, she wasn't turning and I was going to enjoy my last weeks with her in my belly. I figured I had many battles to pick in parenting, and this was one I didn't need to win.

It turns out the cord was actually wrapped around her neck. Thank heavens that we didn't attempt a version!!!!

As for the hip ultrasound, it should be done at 6 weeks old. Because of the long term breech positioning, there can be effects on the child's hips. My 2 kids were fine. Girls are more likely than boys to a problem, but it's always good to have the ultrasound.

Best wishes!
I passed on the version this time as well. She's still breech at 39 weeks today. Scheduled for Tuesday morning with an umbilical hernia repair as well. Ugh.