View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Facing my second breech c-section :( Help me with my birth plan.

Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
I'm sorry that the baby is still breech and you are facing another repeat c-section but I am glad that you are emotionally prepared this time. My last was still transverse/oblique at 36 weeks and I was FREAKING out. After lots of inversions, heat/cold, massage...I finally tried the chiro and she was able to get off of my hip and go head down. I was so panicky for the next 6 weeks (yes she was 13 days late) but she stayed that way and we had another home birth. I pray that your LO will move into an ideal position but if not, I continue to pray for peace about the c-section.
Originally Posted by HugeBabyBoy View Post
By 2 breech C sections were really smooth. After acupuncture, moxybustin, endless weeks spent on all fours hanging my belly, etc., I determined with DD (kid #1) that I was "giving up the fight". I began to realize whether it was her or my body shape, she wasn't turning and I was going to enjoy my last weeks with her in my belly. I figured I had many battles to pick in parenting, and this was one I didn't need to win.

It turns out the cord was actually wrapped around her neck. Thank heavens that we didn't attempt a version!!!!

As for the hip ultrasound, it should be done at 6 weeks old. Because of the long term breech positioning, there can be effects on the child's hips. My 2 kids were fine. Girls are more likely than boys to a problem, but it's always good to have the ultrasound.

Best wishes!
I passed on the version this time as well. She's still breech at 39 weeks today. Scheduled for Tuesday morning with an umbilical hernia repair as well. Ugh.
Crunchy Christian liberal and WAHM to my two crazy superheroes, River (10/06) and Rainn (4/09), and my sweet Briar Rose (7/12). For Sale: Girly side-snapping Mutt and DnF fitteds, Maya Wrap.
Riverdavidsmama is offline   Reply With Quote