Old 07-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Prayers for Eden Marie

I forgot this section of the board existed, and we already have probably hundreds of people praying for us, but really, we can't have too many prayers. Our daughter, whom I'm now 21 weeks pregnant with, was diagnosed with anencephaly on July 3rd. This is a fatal neural tube defect, and we are going to lose her shortly after she's born if she makes it through birth. She could also pass away before I reach full term, or I could go into preterm labour from excessive fluid (they are normal for now, but she probably isn't able to swallow so once I'm farther along, this could be a problem), but we are praying she stays inside me as long as she's meant to, and that when she's born we are able to hold her alive in our arms. We are also praying that she'll be responsive and that we'll get to see her beautiful eyes. There is a possibility I won't go into labour on my own and will need to be induced, because she's lacking the pituitary gland, however if we make it full term, we are going to be trying to induce labour naturally with herbs before allowing a hospital to induce me (going into labour on my own or successfully inducing with herbs will allow me to birth at the hospital I want, that "doesn't allow vbacs" with my supportive OB and the L&D team I trust and know rather than being forced to go to the large hospital over 65 miles away to be induced with total strangers). This is to help avoid a repeat c-section, and to help ensure a peaceful, calm, and healing birth for Eden and myself. A natural and peaceful birth will also help her odds of being born alive. And finally, please pray for continued peace for our family. I truly can feel when people are praying for me, because waves of peace literally wash over me out of nowhere. I am having more happy times during the day celebrating Eden's life, and cherishing the family around me, than I have low times (though sometimes I just need a good cry), and I'm sure it's only by the grace of God. I've started a blog to help celebrate Eden's life (link is in my siggy), and to help others going through something similar.

Oh, and we are also looking into organ tissue donation to see if it's allowed in the state of Missouri from anencephalic babies, it varies state by state, and I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone yet about it (I tried calling once and emailing, but now I'm going to call and be more aggressive with getting a real person who knows anything about this.) Please pray that maybe we can use Eden's life to help save the life/lives of someone else's baby/babies.

I also plan on donating breastmilk if I can get ahold of a hospital grade pump - I'd like to start pumping colostrum at 30 weeks just in case Eden lives long enough to need it, and I plan to pump afterwards for as long as I'm able to donate. I'm trying to get the local WIC office to let me rent theirs from them, but they don't normally rent it out to pregnant women, or women not actively breastfeeding their child...so I have a couple people trying to pull strings for me, because they know how important donating milk to another mama is to me, but it isn't looking good. So prayers for that or prayers that we can find one really cheap or something would be greatly appreciated.

I know I'm asking for so many different prayers...I'm sure if you just prayed for Eden Marie, God would know what you mean. Thank you so much mamas.