View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #31
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

No advice but I can relate. I've always dreamed of raising a little girl. When expecting #1, DH had his heart set on a boy and I was set on a girl. We chose not to find out the gender. After an incredibly difficult 36+ hr labor that ended in a rushed c-section, the dr announced "It's a boy!!" I thought DH was crying from excitement but once he regained composure and could speak, he kept apologizing that after all I went through, I didn't get my girl. That thought never crossed my mind. I was just so excited to have him in my arms. DS spent time in the NICU and DH roomed with him. The nurses would wheel me down to nurse DS and during one of the middle of the night feeds, I entered the NICU room to DH leaning over DS's isolet saying "Our job as men of the house is to spend every day of our lives treating mommy like the queen of the castle" DS is 2.5 and DH continues to remind him of this
I'm 18wks pregnant w/ #2 (our last!) and we're choosing not to find out again but this time mostly b/c I am terrified of being disappointed if it's another boy. My instinct says it's another boy but there is a tiny part of me that is holding out hope for a girl. Hopefully by waiting until delivery, it won't be as disappointing if it really is a boy (at least that's what I'm making myself believe). And if it is, maybe my practical side will take over and I'll be grateful that we saved all the clothes, toys, and gear and use the money we would've spent on girly things to treat myself to a weekend away with girlfriends and pampering spa days