View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #36
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you deal with gender dissapointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
I have 4 boys and we are done. When I found out #4 was another boy last May, I started sobbing and didn't stop for three days. It's still hard. It's not that I would trade any of my sons for a daughter. It's knowing that I will never experience raising a daughter. Some aspects of that I am ok with--like not dealing with Bieber fever or stepping on Barbie shoes (although Legos and little light sabers aren't exactly kind to the tootsies). But thinking about dance lessons and wedding dress shopping makes me sad. I don't know if that will ever go away. All I can do is try my best to raise good men who will bring awesome daughters-in-law into our family.

Very well said and I agree. We currently do not know what this new babe will be but I will be in complete shock if it is a girl, eventhough that was one reason for having a third. i am usually okay with the idea that I might not have a girl until I go into the storage area and find the tea cups, porcalin dolls, books, ect that were mine as a kid and realize that I may not have a daughter to pass them on to. Then the delima will be do I give them to my neice or hold on to them for future grand-daughter.