View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
WilliamsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: The Best of Both Worlds: At Peace with Formula Feeding

I am glad to read this, though I still don't think I've made peace with FFing. I think I gave up too soon. At the hospital my milk came in wonderfully, and DS was getting his fill, but his tongue tie was making it the most painful thing. I would keep asking them what I was doing wrong, and they would say that he was latched on correctly, which was even worse to hear because it was so painful. (Though it didn't look to me like he was on right.) He was getting the milk, but it was by biting and not his tongue because of the tongue tie. After two weeks of DREADING feedings and crying constantly, I was diagnosed with PPD and got a case of mastitis. My pediatrician advised to consider FFing. I tried to EP but my supply dwindled and I quit that after 1 month. I still feel quilty that I quit and feel like if I would have stuck it out, maybe I would have healed and felt better or something.

I was so gung ho about BFing. I hope to be able to do it with my future children. I am going to demand they fix any tongue tie and PUMP PUMP PUMP in the beginning to really get my milk going and save up a stash.

In the meantime, I give to all the women out there who know how I feel!
WilliamsMama is offline   Reply With Quote