View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
mommyh74
Registered Users
seller

I'm a bit nervous...Breast pain

I could use some good thoughts. I'm a bit nervous. I have a, now, 20 month old son who is quite a gymnurst (meaning he likes to do all sorts of pull, pushes, stretches, etc.) while nursing. He also wakes in the middle of the night at least two times and has since birth, (1 - 4 times a night is the norm and I never know what it will be..) anyway, this isn't the forum of how to get my little fella' to sleep through the night, my issue is that I have been so so tired so for the past, may 6 weeks, I will get his when he wakes and nurse him laying down. Because I am on the left side of the bed, I want him to sleep between my hubby and I, so if he is nursing on the right side, no problem I will lay down with him and let his nurse. However, if he is on the left side he will often sit and side nurse. So that is one problem, but then I fall asleep and he uses me as a pacifier and suckles for, sometime, 2 - 4 hours, so that I can sleep. Because he is suckling he is pulling, biting, stetting my breast as he is moving. So if you can imagine I am laying on my side and this little dude is nursing sitting up, leaned to the side...it is painful and I know he is stretching my breast in all different directions.

Ok, so, I have had a pain in my breast for about a month. It feels like the the area close to the cleavage (I don't have much cleavage), there is what feels like muscles that go front to back of the breast. So there is an area of what feels like muscles that feel bruised. It hurts to touch. I feel a little better when all the milk is relieved from the great but not 100%. I have continued to nurse through this pain thinking maybe I have a pulled muscle? But of course I'm a bit nervous it is something else. I finally saw the Dr. Assistant who had me try an antibiotic (no relief - at all). Icing kinda' helps, heat not so much...Anyway, now I am scheduled for an ultrasound...and I'm feeling a bit nervous that, well, it's bad news....but then part of me says....dehydration (I totally don't drink enough water), and allowing my son to pull and nurse to his comfort not mine...that is all just a pain from nursing....Anyone have this same thing happen to them.

I will say that when I feel the breast if feels like there is some inflammation in, again, what I can best describe as a muscle (I need to have an anatomy lesson - lol).

Any good thought would be so helpful ???
mommyh74 is offline   Reply With Quote