View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Advice needed!!!

So hubby wants Connor(7) to go to school for a month of two to try out the IEP he JUST got after a year of working on it from the school(for LAST year, ugh). I really just want to send in the papers I already have ready to go, but feel like I should let him just have his way and keep the younger ones at home and opt out of K this year for Nathanael(5). Advice? I know I can pull him whenever, I do have all his materials. I know what I'd do with him too so it's not like it would be hard for me to jump back into it while still doing school with one. I just know that isn't the only reason I wanted him out, but is it worth fighting about a month or so? I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

We have been doing school off an on all summer. Probably 3 days a week. He(Connor) has been fighting me lately A LOT! He takes hours longer on his work than it would take(3 hours total if we do it all is taking him off and on all day). I almost just want him to go so he remembers how much longer it takes in ps. But I want him home with me! His younger brother breezes through his work now, realizing that he HAS to do it and he's doing a great job too. With Connor's IEP, he'd get help with testing and working in the classroom. He can not focus though, even with one on one teaching with me. His teachers and the people testing him said the same thing. Thoughts please!!! Thanks.