View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 6 Month old will not put weight on legs.

My DD is 8 months and has only just started bearing weight on her legs. My second daughter was doing it from 2 months and by 4 months would stand holding things. I think they're all different, but i don't think it hurts to be concerned, even if it turns out there is nothing wrong. I am also somewhat relieved that my baby is finally starting to do it now, although she is definitely not much of a stander, compared to my other two. Although DD1 also wasn't much of a stander until 9-10 months and still walked at 12.5 months.

ETA: Like Nerissa said below, I think a lot is to do with personality. She is a very very laid back baby. Has always slept through the night since day 1 (i.e. 6 hours) and since 6 weeks 10-12 hours every night. Barely cries, super-easy, and just doesn't have much reason to go anywhere or do anything. She is almost 9 months and not crawling, although she was sitting unsupported before 5 months. Just content to sit there and watch the world and play with her toys. Only recently started rolling around, although she certainly did and could roll over much earlier.

Last edited by jeebee; 07-25-2012 at 07:25 AM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote